2. What are the benefits of moving people out of the Bowery tunnels? Are there any disadvantages?
3. Why are some homeless resistant to going into the shelters? What shelters are considered to be more dangerous?
4. Why shouldn't a person step on the "third rail?"
5. Describe Bowery tunnel dweller Gary Bass: what is his home like? Why do you think he recreates his home even after it has been destroyed over and over again?
6. What happens to the homeless the deeper in the tunnel they are living? What do the police officers liken some homeless to? Why?