2. Why does she stay with men?
3. What happened to Michelle, and what is she doing when we see her in the book?
4. Gwen says, "you think you're safe because no one can see you and you can't see yourself in the darkness. But you can't see beyond yourself, either." What do you think she means?
5. Many of the women say they don't wish to see themselves through reflections, which is why they go underground. Dericka is one of those women. Why do you think women feel this way, perhaps more than men?
6. What are some of the common challenges that women face in the tunnels? What are some commonalities in the stories?