2. What is the difference between "track people" and "mole people?"
3. Describe the "main entrance" to J.C.'s community.
4. Describe some key details about J.C.'s community: who is the elected mayor? how do children survive in the community? how do individuals take on jobs and responsibilities within the community? What are some of those jobs?
5. The "mayor" explains that he is convinced life is better underground. What details about his story might make the reader feel differently?
6. What do you think about J.C.'s community? Could you live in it? What are some of the benefits? What are some of the disadvantages? How does it compare to other communities?