2. Why did MTA stop their relationship with ADAPT in favor of Project HELP? What is your opinion about that move?
3. Are their behaviors that can manifest themselves just by living in the tunnels in addition to the personality of the individual? What is the difficulty in discerning between the two, according to Tsemberis (p. 155)?
4. The most beneficial program for homeless would include three different individuals, according to Tsemberis. What are these individuals?
5. Fewer than 15% of individuals make it above ground after tunnel dwelling. What does Bethea (of ADAPT) say should be a focus of intervention?
6. Describe some of the findings of ADAPT. What have they learned from working in the tunnels?
7. According to ADAPT members, Deamues and Bethea, are some tunnel dwellers too far gone? What do they think? Do you agree? Why or why not?