1. "To be rooted is perhaps the most important and least recognized need in the human soul... A human being has roots by virtue of his real, active and natural participation in the life of the community." Are tunnel dwellers rooted? Explain.
2. Why would tunnel dwellers rather be called "houseless" than "homeless?"
3. Describe the communities of J.C. and Bernard. What are some of the signs of community among tunnel dwellers? What do they do?
4. Describe Bill. He is a tunnel dweller, but was not always so. Why does he remain in the tunnels?
5. Describe the Rotunda community. Why is it called a "subcommunity?" What are the rules of the group? What is the deal they have with Parks and Rec?
6. Why is it that often after a tunnel dweller moves above ground and gets c